– The Essential Marilyn Monroe – 50 Sessions by Milton H. Greene. Open Edition
- Including over 100 never-before-published images, this archive immortalises Marilyn at the height of her beauty and fame
- 280 photos, a large percentage of which previously unpublished
- Photographs of Marilyn Monroe in various settings, from swimming pools to ballerina dresses, can finally be viewed as originally intended
- Taken by Milton H. Greene and restored by Greene’s son Joshua, these photos document not only Marilyn’s ability to light-up on camera but also the effort Joshua dedicated to restoring his father’s work
Now Joshua Greene, in conjunction with Iconic Images, presents The Essential Marilyn Monroe: Milton H. Greene, 50 Sessions. With 280 photographs, including many never-before published and unseen images, newly scanned and restored classics, as well as images that have appeared only once in publication, Greene’s Marilyn Monroe archive can finally be viewed as it was originally intended when these pictures were first produced more than 60 years ago. These classic sessions – 50 in all – cover Monroe at the height of her astonishing beauty and meteoric fame. From film-sets to the bedroom, at home and at play, Joshua has curated a lasting tribute to the work of a great photographer and his greatest muse.
Poignant and powerful, joyful and stunning – these breathtaking images of an icon stand above all the rest. The Essential Marilyn Monroe: Milton H. Greene, 50 Sessions is sure to be a book that will become the platinum standard in photography monographs.